- 6 Strategies for Creating a Comfortable Classroom Environment
In order for students to feel confident, they first have to know that the classroom is a safe place. These six strategies will help you cultivate a warm and welcoming classroom environment.
- How To Help Your Students Feel More Confident
Our students are more anxious than ever, but fortunately, there are some concrete things that we, as educators, can do to help them feel more confident in the classroom. This post is the first of a series presenting techniques for boosting student confidence. By the end of the series, you’ll have twenty different strategies you can implement to help your students feel more confident!
- How to Create Differentiated Assessments Without Losing Your Sanity (and Why You Should!)
You’re a conscientious teacher. You know your students are working at different levels and have different learning styles. You want […]
- How to Make Students Love Writing in Spanish
When I was in my second semester of teaching, I had a class that LOVED to write. Every time I […]
- Why Scissors Are A Language Teacher’s Best Friend
I really, really hate cutting things out. There are so many reasons why it’s awful: It takes for…ev…er. It’s about […]
- How I Used Mail Merge to Streamline Student Feedback This Semester (And Why I Might Not Do It Again)
There are many aspects of my job that I’m good at. My classes are fun, and I’m constantly brainstorming new, […]
- Break Out of Your Routine with a Classroom Breakout!!!
Classroom breakouts are one of the most effective activities you can do in any class, but especially in a language class. They naturally help develop critical thinking skills and teamwork, and with all the different materials students must interact with to find their clues, they provide an amazing opportunity for practice in the interpretive mode. And of course, you can customize the breakout to cover any topic that you want, making them great for bringing cultural content to life in a memorable way.
- Back to School Resource Library Plus an Amazing Giveaway!!!
It’s almost that time. The summer days are slowly (okay, quickly) rolling by, and the back to school season is […]
- To Get the Most Out of a Music Activity, Turn the Music… Off?!?
It sounds counterintuitive, right? You’ve found the perfect song — it has a catchy tune that your students are just […]
- Help! My Spanish Teacher Is Crazy!!!
Or, how to start the year off right in a foreign language class Do you ever have one of those […]
- Being Willing to Look Ridiculous
I get it. We all hate looking ridiculous. It’s part of the reason I’ve toyed with the idea of starting […]